Need an appraisal for two Doug Irwin Instruments

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tonetodiefor, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Tonetodiefor

Tonetodiefor Supporting Member

Hello!

If anyone can steer me in the right direction to finding a Bay Area or Northern California bass and guitar appraisal, I'd sure appreciate it. I haven't had any luck locally, but have gotten some feedback that would require me shipping the instruments to the East Coast (which is out of the question).

I have two Irwin instruments. Both of them were contracted in 1977. The bass by myself and the guitar by my brother. It is my belief that these are probably the very last two instruments Doug completed.

Both instruments feature solid ebony necks and fretboards. The bass has a flame maple arch top front and flat back with a walnut core. The guitar has both arch top front and arch top back in flame koa and a mahogany core.

The bass recently went through an update as the original Stars Guitars preamps crapped out. The new preamps are the EQ-01 by ACG and supplied through Best Bass Gear.

The guitar recently was rewired by John at Amazing Grace to clean up the failing original pots and switches.

These are undoubtedly two of a kind as they are the only pair of electric guitar and bass in existance that feature the slide in neck configuration in ebony. Both have incredible tone and sustain that from my experience over the last 37 years, have yet to find anything comparable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      199.4 KB
      Views: