1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need an upgraded bridge for an early Fender reissue

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassDudeSA, Dec 8, 2013.

1. BassDudeSA

BassDudeSA Supporting Member

Hi guys, I bought one of those Fender pink paisley 60s reissue Ps, which itself was a reissue of I think a '54 P. Anyway, it has one of those two saddle bridges which is also a string though. Tiny little bridge, the bass does not have much in the way of sustain, the two saddles do not give me the adjustability that I would like and I just want something better. Here is a current listing for one just like what I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-2003-N...x-/141114963262?pt=Guitar&hash=item20db1b753e

You can see on it what kind of bridge that it has. So.... any ideas if there is any kind of direct replacement 4-saddle upgrade? It is only held onto the body with three screws. If possible I'd like to find something to drop in there without drilling any new holes, or at least use the three holes and drill two more? Also I'd like to keep the string through. I hope this isn't a tall order! Something has got to be done here. Thanks! :help:

2. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

I believe a Fender American Standard bridge would be a perfect fit.

3. BassDudeSA

BassDudeSA Supporting Member

Thanks! I found a new one on Ebay for just under $60 and bought it. Based on the look and description it should be just what I need without any alterations or drilling needed.