1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

need heelp with sansamp bass driver di

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by wildfire71, Jan 7, 2013.

1. wildfire71

wildfire71

just bought a brand new bass driver and can not get it to make a sound can someone tell me how to hook it up in a little more detail than the manual does
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Describe your entire signal chain, including everything from bass to speakers.
  3. ddnidd1

ddnidd1

Other than install a battery and connect the bass to the input and amp to the output, it's not more complicated than that.
  4. BBQV

BBQV

Strange, I never managed to make mine sound bad...
  5. craig.p

craig.p

Is the LED on? It should be. If not, do the tongue test on the battery. Also try plugging the unit into AC power. Maybe something's wrong with the battery connector or the wires where they connect inside the box; in that case, it would work only on AC power.

EDIT: You did hit the footswitch, yes?
  6. Muttleybass

Muttleybass

Bass to input, XLR out to PA, Parallel or output to amp. Level = 3/4, bass/treble @ noon to start. LED light on...

Where's your Line/Inst switch at?
  7. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

I had one for a while and wasn't a big fan of it. I couldn't get a good sound out of my Active 5ers at all, it was all just bad farty tone. I'm very happy with my 2X RBI setup right now though, very well could've been a faulty pedal.
  8. wildfire71

wildfire71

ok thanks for the help guys. ill try to answer all the questions in one post. The bass is a spector legend classic 6 string and the amp is a hartke. yes i did hit the footswitch and yes the led light comes on and im not sure where the line/instr should be set to. when i plug into the 1/4 output the volume is really the problem it is a 400 watt amp and it has to be turned all the way up to be able to hear it (but only with the pedal) an when you do hear it it is just pure distortion
  9. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Instrument level out, use the 1/4 inch if you are using it into your amp, line level out and xlr to the board. Oh yeah, turn the amp down first!
  10. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Are you able to get sound if you turn it off and play straight through it?
  11. wildfire71

wildfire71

tryed it guys still no luck could it possibly matter if its a cheap (but brand new) 9v battery
  12. exiii

exiii

Sometimes you just get a bad pedal (from any manufacturer). It sounds like that is the case here. Return it.

I bought a new BDDI from GC that blew out the second I plugged in the battery.
  13. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Yes....try a new battery.
  14. murphy

murphy

Just want to be sure
    Bass-cable----sansamp input----cable from sans amp output-------amp instrument input
  15. wildfire71

wildfire71

yes that is correct murphy any ideas? also i will try a better battery
  16. chaosMK

chaosMK

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I'd go with a power supply... 9v 300+ mA, make sure polarity is right. Batteries never last long in pedals for me... usually 8 hrs max or no more than a few days (if u use a battery, unplug cables from the pedal between uses as they could be draining it). Everything on Noon should give you some of it's basic flavor and enough output. If you want the pedal to blast output, switch it to Line.

I actually sometimes run my BDDI into a Hartke 1x12 combo that one of the drummers I work with has. Works fine... got some great tones for the mix using that rig.

I have just recently started trying my Sansamp as a DI into a power amp. Not quite the tone I like but I am learning to use it better (I love the Sansamp but always hated it solo). For DI use like this I cut treble/bass a dash and use plenty of drive. To get a decent sound I really have to roll around the controls on my bass, mids on 10. I guess I use a *ton* of EQ and shaping on my heads to get my tones just where I like it.

The way I typically incorporate the BDDI is to run burly ass mids on my head and run the BDDI in the FX loop blended with a dash of its scoopy/presence/OD.
  17. wildfire71

wildfire71

what does 300+ mA and polarity mean
  18. chaosMK

chaosMK

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    They are specs for a transformer/power supply if you wanted to buy one off the shelf somewhere. You could get a standard "Boss" style power supply from GC or similar place too but it would probably be a few bucks more. Most transformers will have a label showing the polarity or an adjustable tip/plug where you can reverse it. The jack for a power supply on the BDDI should probably have some kind of diagram close to it showing the polarity.
  19. capncal

capncal

check all yer cables. if you're not getting any sound at all with the sansamp engaged or otherwise, you've either got a bad pedal or a bad cable somewhere.
  20. wildfire71

wildfire71

ok guys tried replacing the 9v battery and it didnt help the volume is still barely audible tommorrow ill get the dc adapter so well see if that works. is it actually possible that a dc adapter will make my bass louder than a 9v battery. just wondering cause thats what everyone is recommending