1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need help choosing a head...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by IBtheBassist, Nov 20, 2012.

1. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

I have a Hartke 410xl 400w cab and I was wondering if I should get an HA4000, HA3000, HA2500, or a cheap and well taken care of GK Backline 600. The thing in question is really the power output.
    Since I'm only using one cab, should I go with the HA4000? Should I play it safe and get the HA3000?
    Or should I get the HA2500, which has a nice graphic equalizer, but then would that one not be powerful enough to power the speaker? Help? :)

2. golower

golower Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I wrestled a bear once.
    If you have a good bass the graphic eq usually is set pretty flat anyways.Never underpower your speaker .Distortion and underpowering your speaker are the two leading causes of speaker failure .If you dont go big you will end up trading up .That is usually a money losing situation right there .

3. IBtheBassist

IBtheBassist

well, i have a sr500, so I guess I don't really need the equalizer.. i suppose that takes out the HA2500, I did read some good reviews about using the HA3000 with a 410.. but I was wondering if the HA4000 would be too much. and between the backline and HA3000, which one is better.

4. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

5. Register to disable this ad