1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need help deciding on a Sixer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TigerInATrance, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Which sixer should I go for?

1. Spector Legend Classic 6

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Ibanez BTB776

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. MTD KZ6

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. TigerInATrance

TigerInATrance

I've been going back and forth between these three for the last few weeks. I lean in one direction and then another. So what do you all think? I need a push...

I had the BTB for a few days before returning it, not that it wasn't good, but I just thought I didn't explore everything enough to be happy.

FWIW I would change the preamp on whichever one to an EMG BQC...
  2. Randyt

Randyt Supporting Member

Sorry not a fan of your choices....i personally would go with FBASS!!!!!
    ...sorry ...just my $0.02 cents
  3. TigerInATrance

TigerInATrance

I would love to be at that sort of price point, the choice would be simple then. Alas, I am a slave to my sub $1200 budget and can't see going beyond that in the foreseeable future...
  4. redhed

redhed TUBE LOVER! Gold Supporting Member

That is a ridiculous price jump. You do realize that not every one can afford basses with a price tag as high as that.
    That said I have a MTD Kingston Z5 and it is an awesome bass, very well made. I love it!
  5. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

Normally I really hate it when people reply to a thread like this with suggestions that the OP didn't list. So I can't believe I'm typing this, but... have you considered a Carvin? You could get a pretty sweet 6, customized with features you like, for that kind of budget.
  6. redhed

redhed TUBE LOVER! Gold Supporting Member

I agree Carvin stuff is sweet....
  7. aproud1

aproud1 Hit that long lunar note, and let it float. Gold Supporting Member

Same here. They make very good stuff for the price. If you can stretch your budget a bit Tom Clement can make you whatever you want. Put your deposit down now and save up for the final payment.... Just sayin...:cool: