1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NEED HELP!!! fender jazz V neck replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mcmon002, Jan 12, 2013.

1. mcmon002

mcmon002

hi guys, i have a fender deluxe mim 5string. and i am planning to replace the neck with warmoth jazz neck.

could you pls help me find the exact replacement for the bass?

is there different dimensions with mim fender deluxe 5 and standard 5?

or can i just order the standard 5 as an replacement?

THANK U FOR YOU HELP!!!
  2. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    You might consider contacting Warmoth...
  3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Deluxe- 22 fret, designed for the USA neck pocket
    Standard - 20 fret, should work for MIM Std or Dlx...

But still, take measurements and confirm.
  4. mcmon002

mcmon002

thank u for your reply guys!!! i did sent them an email but no reply yet.... its been 3 days now... that is why i posted this on.

rojo412, are you telling me fender mim V deluxe and standard has same pocket dimensions?

THANKS AGAIN!!!
  5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    I'm not sure of that, but I know they are both 20 fret necks, both MIM, and should be the same. I'm sure someone could shed more light on this who has one.
    All I know FOR SURE is, the Deluxe Warmoth is not the same.
  6. van_gogh_bass

van_gogh_bass

Subbed - I have the Active Deluxe V as well (with the five in-line on the headstock). I want to put a warmoth neck on mine (4 + 1). I bought this bass used and have upgraded the electronics with an audere and nordy pups. It is a project bass that I'm having fun with, and i think a new neck will really make this bass amazing.