Need Help Finding a NEW Bass Around $500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by line6bassist, Jan 23, 2014.

1. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

I'm in the market in finding a NEW bass.I Need one that can cover many Genres of Music, 4 or 5 String ,passive or active. I've been looking into the new Yamaha TRBX series but haven't found too much information on them. Any thoughts? ideas? Thanks!

2. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

3. el murdoque

el murdoque

In that pricerange yamaha is surely one of the top picks.
    I've recently tried a peavey Grind bass that was around 500 and liked it a lot.
    If all my equipment somehow vanished and i needed new stuff cheap and fast, i'd surely look for a grind.

4. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    Yeah, if your willing to go used I think I saw a used Gamma Alpha in the classifieds a while ago. I find mine to be as versatile, built as well as any P bass I have tried and great customer service. I also saw a Guild Pilot. Another excellent choice. I played one for years and had I not been introduced to the Gamma I think I'd still take a used Pilot over anything new in that price range..Best of luck to you in your search...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein

Disclosures:
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Sent you a PM....:D
    www.facebook.com/GammaBassGuitars

Cheers!

Joey

7. awilkie84

awilkie84

8. johnson79

johnson79

The modern player jazz is really nice too. The new "satin" finish models have some coil switching options on the pickups. Nice basses.

9. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

My sentiments, exactly. $500 will buy a whole helluva lot more in the secondhand market than what's available new. Couple of prime choices (IMO):

*Peavey Millennium

*MTD anything (Czech or Korean)

Sound / play great out of the box with no immediate need for upgrades as is frequently the case.

In all fairness, I did see an Indonesian Soundgear 505 for not more than your stated budget. Nice bass for the $$.

Riis

10. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

At that price, I'd look at a Yamaha TRBX 504. With an active/passive switch and great construction and balance, there won't be much this bass won't do. I'm seriously looking at getting one myself.

11. Batmensch

Batmensch

Why not? Believe it or not, some people actually prefer buying new and saving some bucks to get a supposedly "better" instrument (especially since there are so many excellent cheaper basses available) is not a concern.

12. Reddog01

Reddog01

I picked up a new SR700 three weeks ago for $449.00 Shop around, and you may stumble into a great deal.