1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need help for buying an amp.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by 11skin, Jan 24, 2014.

1. 11skin

11skin

Hello guys, I have $300 with me now and I plan on buying a head amp or an amp. Can anyone suggest me what amp to buy with my $300. I dont have more than that. I'm still working on making money though.
  2. el murdoque

el murdoque

well, so what will you want to use it for?
  3. 11skin

11skin

Just for playing my bass in my room. I recently just bought a bass guitar and my previous amp is pretty big, I cant carry it in to my room then carry it out when done practicing for my weekly gig. So I think I should buy one.
  4. Crater

Crater

Are you in the USA? The Acoustic B30 is a decent and cheap amp for practicing at home. Much less than $300, I paid $60 for mine used. It has a headphone jack and an 'aux input' for playing along to CDs or MP3s. I like the Acoustic because it has a 12" speaker which I think sounds beefier than the typical 10" or puny 8" speakers that come on some bass practice amps. Having said that, a lot of people like the Ampeg practice amps.

20 or 30 watts is plenty for practicing at home. 50 watts isn't needed for home practice, but is nowhere near loud enough for (most) band use; in my opinion there's no point point in buying any bass amp with more than 30 but less than 200 watts unless you play a 'quiet' form of music like jazz or bluegrass.
  5. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Checkout the Gallien-Krueger MB110 bass combo - its only $299 new - I totally dig mine. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MB110
  6. 11skin

11skin

Ohh, thanks to that. I could save a lot of money with that.:)