Need Help - GK2001rb buzzing.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mnuutinen9, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mnuutinen9

mnuutinen9

So I just bought a new head, the GK 2001rb and a GK NEO 410 cab. It has all been working well however recently ive been playing a lot louder in more practices/gigs and it has started to buzz/squeal the louder it gets turned up. When I play on the distorted channel it isnt too bad but still hearable however when I am on the clean channel it doesnt really matter how loud I play it is the loudest thing I can hear.

So hopefully some one here can help me I'm not sure if its my cables, how they are plugged in or an issue with the actual head/cab. I have tried using different basses and cables and nothing has changed.

Thanks!
  2. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

You are already on the right track! You need to isolate the problem.
    If you have pedals, get them out of the signal for now.
    Also, is it your speakers creating this problem or your tweeter? Or both?

Change out your speaker cable or speakon cable, try it with a different cable. Next, try a different output jack or speakon jack, see if this gets rid of it, you should have 8 output jacks altogether.

Next, try it with a different cab.
    Now try the cab with a different amp.

Next would be using a different amps' (preamp send) into your GK amp (return).
    Now try your GK (preamp send) to a different amps (return).
    I hope I didn't confuse you on that last one.

Hopefully B-string chimes in on this.

Just for curiosity, can you take a picture of your settings? And post it.
    If not, can you share your settings?
  3. orangejulius3

I forgot to mention, fluorescent lights can contribute to this.
    Also, try turning down the tweeter and see if this controls it.
    Are you Bi-amping this amp or bridging your amp?
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

May not be the issue, but if you're using an amp with that much power, and playing LOUD, that single 410 won't work out well in the long run. More loud equals more spkrs. A 2nd identical 410 many ease the pain some.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. orangejulius3

To the OP, have you tried anything yet?
  7. AstroSonic

AstroSonic Supporting Member

+100

This is excellent advice.

In addition:

Does it do this with no connections (no instrument or cables)? If so, check the continuity of the ground on your power cable.

If not, add the instrument cable. Buzzing?

If it still does not, then add the instrument. If it buzzes/squeals with the instrument connected, you need to check the ground connections in the instrument.

Of course, you may want to call or email GK customer service. Write down the checks & results you have made so that you can give them some information.

BTW, the suggestion that you get an additional cab (if you are playing loudly with the 2001) is a good one. Otherwise, you may be in the market for two of them in the near future. :)

Good luck!