1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need Help: Ibanez sr1300?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike20, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Mike20

Mike20

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum. I need some help with a particular bass, or some other options.

Does anyone have any experience with an Ibanez sr1300 bass? As far as I know they stopped making it in the 90's. I currently own an Ibanez gsr200 and am looking to upgrade.

I live in South Africa so the prices are skewed when compared to U.S prices. I can get this bass plus a hardcase for around $280. Is that a good price?

To put it into perspective, in South Africa a vintage modified squire jazz bass costs close to $800.

Also I have the opportunity to buy an Aria pro ii bass and a fender squire p bass. Are those good options? I play in melodic rock band, similar to 30 seconds to mars.

Thanx guys for your help