1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need help knowing which wires to solder on my p-bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ChrisisMUSE, Oct 12, 2013.

1. ChrisisMUSE

ChrisisMUSE

Hey everybody, so this is the first bass I ever bought and it's been broken for a few months but now I have time to fix it. I checked out some diagrams of p-bass wiring but they didn't make sense to me because mine are all tangled up. I attached the maximum of 2 pictures that show the internals of the bass, and basically it looks like there are 2 white wires unattached. One is short and extends from the volume pot and the other is longer and goes from right next to the short one on the volume pot. It looks like the jack is only connected to one wire, so i'm guessing one of these unattached wires should probably go there.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I can post more pictures or describe it better if needed.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

The short wire goes to the lug on your tone pot that is on the far right when looking at the picture the long one goes to the tip of the output jack.
  3. ChrisisMUSE

ChrisisMUSE

such an awesome concise response, thank you very much ill solder it tonight and post how it goes
  4. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

From the picture they look like they were cut, did this bass ever work?
  5. ChrisisMUSE

ChrisisMUSE

yeah its worked for a few years, it probably got cut at one point when i dropped something on it which smashed part of the pickguard between the pots