1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need help - Lakland Skyline Bartolini Pre-amp info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dcarwin, Feb 18, 2013.

1. dcarwin

dcarwin

Hi All,

I need some assistance ID'ing this preamp. I have a 2001 Korean Lakland 55-01. I am preparing to sell it here, so I want to get my facts straight.

I know that when I bought it, it had an upgraded Bartolini preamp. It has five control knobs, of the rubberized Bartolini type.

IIRC, it was the preamp used in the USA Laklands at the time. The quirk is that there is no "switch" on the front, maybe because it's a 55-01 and not a 55-02? Either way I have a pic of the electronics cavity below, and I don't know what the function of the dual dip switch is.

Can anyone ID the pre-amp (i.e. name it)?
    Can anyone tell me what the two switches do?

Thanks everyone.

[​IMG]
  2. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    The dip switches adjust the mid frequencies. Does look like the 55-02 preamp but that's a sloppy install. The pre in my 55-02 was a lot neater than that. I'm sure it's a version of the NBMT-918 designed for Lakland.
  4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

That is very sloppy, and doesn't look at all like it was done by Lakland. The dead give-away is the use of duct tape!

John
  5. dcarwin

dcarwin

Thanks for the ID. I can clean up the install.
  6. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

wow!!! i would say clean up the install before selling....