1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need HELP Ritter bass electronics wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by i2eyebass, Jan 28, 2014.

1. i2eyebass

i2eyebass

Hi everyone,

I'm a guitar tech in Los Angeles. My shop a month back recieved a very nice Ritter bass for repair. It turned out it needed new electronics and I was able to pick them up from Jens Ritter at the NAMM show.

Ritter does not make his own electronics so asking him about the wiring is not thorough like it would need to be.

Anyways, I wired everything up to the last 3 wires by the pseudo schematic he emailed. I say pseudo because he left out how the toggles are wired, which pickup wires are combined, and where the battery wires go.

But he did give me enough to get to this point. I bounced this off of Norik Renson and once I said it has a 9 pin output jack, he laughed and said "do not screw around and guess on this". Here's a pic of the whole things before I wired the toggle and pickups. [​IMG]

So here's are the questions and I have pics to explain this better.

Number 1. There's a stray blue wire coming from the volume push pull pot on the row as per the pic I posted. Was this a mistake? Maybe it doesn't even belong there? [​IMG][​IMG]

Number 2. There's a white wire that is not very long so it would have to be wired near volume, bass & treble or the parametric EQ. [​IMG]

Number 3. Where does the battery connect at the 9 pin jack? [​IMG]
    Any help will be welcome and praised!!! Thank you!
  2. bassbenj

bassbenj

You can't just guess and screw around on this. This is not some passive jazz bass! You can't just guess where a battery goes on a 9 pin connector. Answer is it can go anywhere anybody wanted to put it!

You need REAL ACTUAL information. Preferably from the people who made the electronics (or from Jens if the battery and pickup wiring are his.)

And if you want ANY advice from folks here your pictures have to work in large format so we can see what you are talking about.

There is no substitute for real information in this case.

PS. And once you DO get actual information and the bass is fixed, draw up a real, total schematic of what you found out. Other Ritter owners in the future will be eternally grateful! :)
  3. i2eyebass

i2eyebass