1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Need help setting up Microsoft account.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike M., Apr 2, 2014.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    This is ridiculous. Bought a laptop the other day and I CANNOT make any headway on trying to set up a Microsoft account. I entered my email address and when I try to put in an account number it tells me it's invalid.

First, I don't know if I ever did have an account with them after getting my first computer back in '95 and if i did it was under an email address that I no longer use.

I tried calling the main help number and when I ask to speak to a tech I get a message that says "please dial the 5 digit number of the person you wish to speak to." Called back and got the same thing.

I then called a Microsoft office here in Michigan, explained the problem and they said we'll connect you to a tech. Thank you!! Guess what? I got the same recording asking for the 5 digit # of who I was trying to reach. Called them back and got the same result.

I then went online from my desktop PC and tried setting up an account there. Same thing. "Invalid password."

Gang, I'm not a computer person at all which is making it all the more frustrating. But as you can read I'm trying to get help but can't get any. I don't know WHAT I should be putting in for a password and nothing is working.

Never encountered worse "customer service" in my life.

I've had it. Help.

2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Hmm mine had a card in the box with the laptop, called the number and entered the 20 digit number and was done.

was this laptop new?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Yes, brand new.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  6. Mike M.