1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need help to find a pre-amp similar to Ashly BP-41

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DrumsAndBass, Jun 7, 2011.

1. DrumsAndBass

DrumsAndBass

Hello, I'm asking for some pointers to find a pre-amp to replace my Ashly BP-41. I need it to bi-amp my bass rig. The BP-41 had an electronic crossover, 1 band parametric, and a balance knob on the front panel for the low and high sends. As of yet I can't find any other bass pre-amp (s.s. or tube) with similar features. What else is out there ?
  2. MuzikMan

MuzikMan

I can't think of a current production preamp that fits your needs but I think the Yamaha PB-1, which was out around the same time as your Ashly BP-41 should work for you.
  3. MuzikMan

MuzikMan

The Alembic F-1X might work for you too.
  4. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

There was an Ashly BP 41 in the classifieds not that long ago. Also, if you can find one, the BBE 383 bass preamp has a crossover, and compressor on board.
  5. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS, D-TAR
    Eden Navigator might do it.
  6. Bassmickeyd

Bassmickeyd

The Ashley is dream Pre-amp with great features. ...... I'm guessing, since you didn't say, yours died? ....... I had the BP40(?) in the 80's then bumped up to the 41 which I still own. ...... Bought it for the sound and bi-amp features then stopped going bi-amp. ...... I'd keep your eye wide open for another.
  7. ricguy

ricguy Supporting Member

The BBE 383 preamp also has a x-over. It's a single rack space unit with 6-bands of eq, compressor and BBE Sonic Maximizer. A pretty cool preamp that's no longer in production. Used ones show up now and then. Generally for < $200.