Need help with a Cort Artisan B4

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by noddy9790, Feb 5, 2013.

1. noddy9790

noddy9790

Hey. This is an urgent problem. if someone in the know could take the time to help me out it would much appreciated

Recently ive had a leak in my band room (garage) roof and it happened to pour onto my much loved b4.

As i plugged it in funny noises came from the amp and upon inspection from myself and an electrical engineer friend we have found that i fried the pre amp (the board where all the wires of the tone pots etc go) of the BARTOLINI Circuitry.

I thought this to be a bit annoying yet an easy fix.... i was wrong.

I cannot find the right part at all, i have scoured the two massive music shops in my area and a couple of small home business repair guys for the part and tried to source it from any online stores but since Billy hyde (seemingly the only australian supplier) has closed down, no-one can help.

If someone could find the part or suggest an equivalent part that doesnt have to be Bartolini. I would be grateful forever ( lol )

This is a link to the schematics of the b4 the part that is blown is the MK-1 P.C.B assembly http://www.cortguitars.com/downloads/pdfs/B4.pdf

Cheers

Lachlan

2. Cadfael

Cadfael

Hi Lachlan,

find a local authorized Cort dealer (via the Cort Guitar website).
    He should be able to get the part.

If not, contact Cort in Korea, tell them you tried to get the part at XYZ and they didn't help you. Ask if Cort can directly help or name a dealer who can help.

3. noddy9790

noddy9790

Thanks Cadfael i contacted Lamberti Bros ( australian dealer ) yesterday, i cant remember exactly what they said but the general feel was that couldnt help. I could try and contact Korea

I think i need to talk to bartolini dealers etc more than anything though but ive only found one through their website and its closed down haha.

4. LightGroove

LightGroove

The easiest fix would be a new mk1 preamp...they pop up in the classifieds often...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. noddy9790

noddy9790

yeah i know. doesnt seem to exist in australia atm. is there a different part maybe from a different brand i could substitute it with??

7. autodidact

autodidact

There's any number of after market pre-amps that you could probably put into that bass, just look for a 3 band with a bass/treble/mids/volume/pickup select and you should be good.

The Ibanez SR500s have a similiar if not identical pre-amp I believe too so maybe you'd be able to source one more easily from Ibanez?

8. noddy9790

noddy9790

Thanks Auto, Might try and do that. i read somewhere that people upgrade this particular pre amp, i just dont what to lol.

cheers