1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need Help with a modification

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by funky duck, Apr 11, 2014.

1. funky duck

funky duck

Hello i m thinking of putting a Mexican pbass neck on a SX P/J bass body .I m planning this because th sx neck is too wide and not very comfortable...for me .Is this possible ? this Mexican neck fits well on the sx body? All help and advice welcome .cheers and thanks in advance.

2. Flad

Flad

Just a few months ago I put an SX neck on an old Squire J body with no issues whatsoever. You're doing the exact opposite but I would imagine it should work just fine. One thing to check to be sure is to fit the neck in the body and measure from the 12th fret to bridge and make sure it is the same distance as the 12th fret to the nut (should be about 17" for a full scale). If I remember correctly the SX neck heel was more square than the Squire's neck pocket, the opposite (which is what you have) could be a problem for you.