1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need help with Allman Brothers bio-pic

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by PelhamBlue, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PelhamBlue

PelhamBlue

Could really use some help locating some bass gear for "Midnight Rider". A film I'm working on based on Gregg's autobiography. Having a hard time finding some of Berry's gear. The Fender 400PS is impossible but I feel like we can get by with the Sunn look just fine. We need 2x15"cabinets a 190 or 2000 head, anything from that period would be helpful. Hoping to rent for the run of shooting (about 3 weeks) and will arrange shipping and insurance.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Phil Hadaway
  2. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Though not the same, Fende 300PS may be a little more common (though still rare as hens teeth) and have the right look.

If it's for film (doing audio later), why not just have set designers/carpenters do mockups? Possibly loaded with stealth, current amps and speakers if the actors want to make noise?

End result would still work, if period correct equipment look?
  3. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Try this guy for a 400PS. I've seen some owners on Talkbass too, try the Google search box instead of the regular one.

If you have to settle for a Sunn, Conrad Sundholm is still around and may be able to help: http://www.conradamps.com

Best of luck. I was fortunate enough to get to work onstage at a few later era ABB shows and to at least have seen Berry in the band a few times back in the day.
  4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Man, you guys got to be around, take part in, what was the heyday of a lot of music and groups that I really like. Sometimes I wish I was older. :D
  5. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Being in Europe, there is not much I can help with with regards to renting.

However, I would like to tell one of the "unsung heroes" of film making that your work is very much appreciated! (Because it is the IMDB Phil Hadaway, right?)

Your job is a bit like being the "bass player of movie making". When you do a good job, your effort is not really recognized but the film feels right and the audience will feel "involved". If your job is not done well, the whole movie feels "wrong" and the audience will not get "pulled in".
  6. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

7. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

It seems Berry's actual rig was for sale a couple of ago for a reasonable number. I assumed a TBer bought it. Maybe someone knows who. Might be @
    The Big House.