Need help with loop rig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RandomBass90, Jan 28, 2014.

1. RandomBass90

RandomBass90

Hello effects junkies, I'm hoping to get some guidance on what to put into my live loop rig that I'm preparing to make. My drummer and I are putting together a 2 man instrumental project, and I'm planning on doing a lot of looping to form our compositions and harmonies, ala elteneleven. My looper is a boss rc20, no external footswitch yet but I'm looking to get one soon and/or obtain a better looper. I'm also hoping to somehow incorporate my keyboard into said loop rig and be able to play both insturments into the same loop pedal, and here's where I'm not sure what I'll need. I imagine I'll want a splitter of some sort to connect both signals to the one looper? Beyond that I'm not sure. I searched and couldn't find anything but if there is already a thread on this I would love to know about it. Thanks guys :)
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Small mixer or a blender.
  3. arcureo

arcureo

4. thewildest

thewildest Supporting Member

Hi there, the LS-2 is an excellent suggestion and probably the most reliable 2 channel mixer.
    Now, an RC20 is a mono pedal if my memory serves me well; perhaps, as you work more with loops, you may want to consider an rc3/30/50 that have stereo capabilities. You can mix both channels on the pedal itself if you just connect the mono output (or both if you want to loop each channel independently/simultaneously
  5. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

Behringer makes a small inexpensive 4 ch mixer.
  6. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Don't know if you're handy with a soldering iron, but i use several switches, blenders, etc that i made. Once you wrap your head around being able to switch or blend whatever you want, you discover alot of new freedom of expression

One thing i.ll do, for example, is to split my signal, one going out (could be clean, dirty, octave, whatever sound youre using) and the other feeding a delay/reverb that is muted. Unmute the delay, and all the crazy sounds it has been sloshing around just explode out

There are billions of ways to employ

Fwiw it takes me about 2 hours to build a new switchbox, and an afternoon to build an active utility (blender or splitter)
  7. RandomBass90

RandomBass90

I'm afraid I've never soldered anything, so it's unlikely I'll be making anything. If a simple 2 channel blend pedal would suffice, that's probably what I'm gonna look into first. What i really want to be to do is to be playing my bass, get loop going of it, stomp a switch to mute my bass signal and unmute the synth, get loop of that going, etc. I'm also wondering, would there be any way for me to be able to have both channels active simultaneously? I may want to try hammering with my fretting hand and playing chords or melodies with my free hand on the keyboard.
  8. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Any of the solutions let you do both together.
  9. RandomBass90

RandomBass90

Do you suppose something as simple as an ls-2 would do the trick? That's looking to be my lowest price point option atm.