need help with pa

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by peteheli, Feb 17, 2013.

1. peteheli

peteheli

I play in a three peace band with a singer I am using two Yamaha club 15s on poles and a powered mixer when we play live in small clubs i have a hard time hearing the bass player on the other side of the drums when we have a good mix.what do i need to look for in monitors that are affordable that i can run the bass through to give us a thicker mix on stage and i can hear him over the drums clear. having only a guitar and bass he is so important to me so i can stay where i need to be.

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

I would suggest upgrading the whole system. Ditch the powered mixer and get something with at least 4 aux sends. I don't think you can have separate monitor mixes with most powered mixers. Monitors that are good enough to handle bass in them are generally not cheap. Have you tried angling his cab toward you slightly? Seems to me your choices may be to get the bass player to upgrade his rig or to just start saving up for a good PA system. Meanwhile, position his amp and yourself so that you can hear him better.

3. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member Supporting Member

What kind of amps are you two using?

4. peteheli

peteheli

i use a 50 watt peavy tube with two 12s he has a gk with two 10 and a 18 i plan to upgrade my system and currently use two club 15 for are monitors when we use my drummers pa .

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tuned

Tuned

Tell him to turn up his mids, or more likely turn the lows down and volume up. If he complains he can't feel it well enough tell him to wear a baggy shirt.

7. ggunn

ggunn

Why not just point the bass amp across the stage?

8. uhdinator

uhdinator

+100

Point amps across stage. You're drummer will be able to hear better as well instead of hearing mush from sitting beside amps on a backline.
    Do you listen to your stereo speakers from beside them or in front of them?
    Amp stands help too. Unless you have ears on your ankles or back of your knees.