1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need Help With Rewiring SD Lightning' Rods in Passive

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by OneMoreRobot, Jan 28, 2013.

1. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

I have a set of Seymour Duncan Lightnin' Rods pickups in my very first bass, an Aria P-bass copy. They came with an active harness and everything including the pots, which were super small. I don't have any of the pots, capacitor, or the battery clip anymore. I have no idea what happened to them. I really don't like having a battery, and I like passive tone just as much as active.

Is it possible for me to hook these pickups up as passive pickups? I have some 500K pots, all I need is a capacitor and a jack.
  2. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

I feel like I may be asking a very stupid question...
  3. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

yep, these are like EMGs in that the preamps are right inside the pickup housings; active only, no 9V=no sound.
  5. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Alright, do I have to use 100K pots? Those are difficult to find and I'd like to order from a site I trust... Could I use 250K
  6. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member