1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need help with volume knobs on P/J!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by blackrose47, Jun 28, 2013.

1. blackrose47

blackrose47

I have a Cort Action P/J, and it has 2 volume knobs and 1 tone knob. I don't know that much about pickups, but I'd like to know which knob controls which pickup, since I have 3 pickups, but 2 knobs. Is 1 knob for the J pickup and the other knob the P pickups blended? Also, is the knob closer to the bridge controlling the J pickup?

Here's a photo of reference:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

Going from the neck side to the bridge side, the knobs are usually P-volume, J-volume, Tone.

3. blackrose47

blackrose47

So the P-pickups are taken together? I thought so... Thanks for the quick reply! ;)

4. line6man

line6man

You only have two pickups.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

yep, that split pair is one P-pickup. should be P volume, J volume, then master tone.

you can confirm for yourself what does what by tapping on them with a little screwdriver, then turning the knobs on or off to see which pickups stay on.