1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Need input - figurative and literal

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Spent, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    In my continuing effort to downsize, I've encountered a problem. I would like to run my sansamp bddi directly into my crown xls1000. Problem is, the crown has a minimum sensitivity of 1.4v and my bddi apparently puts out far less, maybe half of that. Consequently, it's too quite. I now use a Rane dc24 compressor (second favorite to my symmetrix 525), but would like to switch to a pedal compressor, leaning towards mxr m87. My question is, could I get enough gain out of a compressor to adequately drive the power amp? Also, if anyone (Bongo?) knows of a pedal compressor that sounds close to the symmetrix I would appreciate suggestions. Lastly, I'm strongly considering the sansamp bddi programmable. Does anyone know the output on that one?

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Are you using the 1/4" output (unbalanced) to drive the Crown?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Yup, also have it on line not instrument. It's over ten years old and I've read that the older ones have less output.