1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need input - figurative and literal

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Spent, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

In my continuing effort to downsize, I've encountered a problem. I would like to run my sansamp bddi directly into my crown xls1000. Problem is, the crown has a minimum sensitivity of 1.4v and my bddi apparently puts out far less, maybe half of that. Consequently, it's too quite. I now use a Rane dc24 compressor (second favorite to my symmetrix 525), but would like to switch to a pedal compressor, leaning towards mxr m87. My question is, could I get enough gain out of a compressor to adequately drive the power amp? Also, if anyone (Bongo?) knows of a pedal compressor that sounds close to the symmetrix I would appreciate suggestions. Lastly, I'm strongly considering the sansamp bddi programmable. Does anyone know the output on that one?
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Are you using the 1/4" output (unbalanced) to drive the Crown?
  3. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

Yup, also have it on line not instrument. It's over ten years old and I've read that the older ones have less output.