1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need new gig posters

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by invader3k, Dec 18, 2013.

1. invader3k

invader3k Supporting Member

Hey guys.

So some of you are in bands that have awesome gig posters/flyers. Our rock cover band has basically been using the same posters for a couple years now, with a few tweaks here and there.

I'd like to get something more original done, to start using in 2014. We are undergoing a lineup change, so the timing would be perfect. Doesn't have to be the Mona Lisa, but I want something that looks more unique than what we have now. There are so many awesome posters and flyers out there.

That said, I'm not an artist or graphic designer, and don't really know anyone who is. Anyone know someone online that I can be referred to? Thanks.
  2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

The guys at Posterenvy.com have been doing the Soulphonic posters for a couple years now, and they're great! Shoot them an email about what you're looking for and they can hook you ip.
  3. dnosewor

dnosewor

If you know how to use photoshop, there are a lot of free templates that you can download. There are some really great ones that you can buy and download for like $7.
  4. invader3k

Thanks, I'll check it out.

re: Photoshop, my wife has it on her computer so I guess that could be a possibility.
  5. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

There are also sites which can hook you up to commission an artist if you have the money and want something special.
  6. gimmedanger

gimmedanger

7. invader3k

Thanks. I emailed you through your site. Cool stuff.
  8. tmdazed

tmdazed

in today's computer culture , you don't have to be a designer or artist, our band designs different gig posters for every show , others the promoters do , for multi band bills , sit down with paint shop or some free editor program and go wild , you may surprise yourself, get other members to do it too , you can get some great posters like that . I am far from an artist myself , but i designed our merch t shirts and stickers and they seem to sell well

The posters we print are 11"x 14" and costs us about 60 bucks to have printed off on good paper stock for 150 of them , here is an example from a show we played in early Dec, our bands name is Vicariously Thru Bruce hence the design, this one was actually done for us by our drummers friend , who is not a designer either

[​IMG]
  9. gimmedanger

gimmedanger

hmmm. never received anything will pm you the direct address.
  10. mboogiemanusa

mboogiemanusa

Try "poster my wall" ....lots of easy templates. Once you get one rolling you can pretty much use it with a few changes for every gig at any venue. Easy mo peasy and you can do some of it for free.