1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need new pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by XxxGeneralTSOxx, Feb 24, 2014.

1. XxxGeneralTSOxx

XxxGeneralTSOxx

I just bought a ibanez srt with emg dc's. They are great pups but not my cup of tea. I'm looking to replace them with something not so aggressive . Since I'm not a bass pro I'll put it in guitar lingo. I want something warm and full and clear. Not like a single coil or humbucker, but like a p-90 or soapbar. I was looking at SD asb2-5 and aguilar. Anyone have any advice?

2. Chico16

Chico16

I honestly do not know much about pick ups, but I really like the Bartolini MK-1 (soap bar) that came with my Ibanez SR605. They have a wide range of achievable tones, and the only complain I've heard about them is that they aren't aggressive enough (for some people.) maybe you should give those a look if you haven't already

3. ex-tension

ex-tension

4. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Villex pickups would give you a warm, full and clear tone without most of the obvious characteristics of single-coil or humbucking pickups. They can be custom-ordered in most soapbar shapes, including those of EMG pickups.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. XxxGeneralTSOxx

XxxGeneralTSOxx

Thanks tubby ill check em out