1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need new pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by XxxGeneralTSOxx, Feb 24, 2014.

1. XxxGeneralTSOxx

XxxGeneralTSOxx

I just bought a ibanez srt with emg dc's. They are great pups but not my cup of tea. I'm looking to replace them with something not so aggressive . Since I'm not a bass pro I'll put it in guitar lingo. I want something warm and full and clear. Not like a single coil or humbucker, but like a p-90 or soapbar. I was looking at SD asb2-5 and aguilar. Anyone have any advice?
  2. Chico16

Chico16

I honestly do not know much about pick ups, but I really like the Bartolini MK-1 (soap bar) that came with my Ibanez SR605. They have a wide range of achievable tones, and the only complain I've heard about them is that they aren't aggressive enough (for some people.) maybe you should give those a look if you haven't already
  3. ex-tension

ex-tension

4. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Villex pickups would give you a warm, full and clear tone without most of the obvious characteristics of single-coil or humbucking pickups. They can be custom-ordered in most soapbar shapes, including those of EMG pickups.
  5. XxxGeneralTSOxx

XxxGeneralTSOxx

Thanks tubby ill check em out