1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need Parts For Warwick Basses!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JDM2010, Jul 23, 2012.

1. JDM2010

JDM2010

I own two warwick basses. I lost a bridge saddle and Need a replacement one. I understand there are NO reliable parts distributers in the USA. How can I get this part without shelling out 200 or more for this little part? I remember when I was a kid I wanted to endorse this particular brand of basses. I am deeply ashamed that as a fan of these well crafted basses that spare parts are STUPIDLY expensive and hard to come by. I have contacted several parts dealers and none can help me. They all claim Warwick has stopped distributing parts as they cannot settle on a set design for certain parts (JAN III). I am thinking of taking this bass and feeding it to a wood chipper if I cannot find parts. I live in KY if that helps. I have a very limited budget at the moment as well. Any help will be appriciated. :mad:

2. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

stay tuned. A rep from Warwick frequents this forum and will put you in contact with the US parts distributor.

3. JDM2010

JDM2010

thanks very much. I have had all sorts of trouble finding parts for this bass!

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    JDM2010,

Sorry to hear of your issues! Please email Dan at the New York Custom Shop, and he can get you the parts you need. d.africano@warwick.de We have changed distributors in the US in an effort to remedy these issues, and also opened up the Custom Shop for direct inquiries. Please keep me posted, and let me know if I am able to assist you in any way. I am available by PM or email at g.noble@warwick.de Thanks!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JDM2010

JDM2010

Thank you very much! I love these basses (I own 2) but always had problems with certain parts such as bridge saddles and such. I owe you!!:D

7. FunkRenegade

FunkRenegade

Don;t forget to lock down the saddles..

:scowl:Gah, trussrod cover costs way too much for a piece of plastic.

8. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

As already stated by the W.O. parts are easy to get. I have just in the last two weeks called them up during normal business hours and made a small parts order was painless, fast, and shipped immediately. They have a new guy and he is way on top of everything. I bought some stacked and standard knobs. I think they were $10 and $12 a piece.

Some parts are expensive but like parts on a Mercedes some are expensive some are not. Not to worry brother...

1-212-777-6990

9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Thanks for your support Means2nEnd! Always good to hear positive comments, and Dan (the new guy) is really fantastic! As always, please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with!

10. emendez

emendez

Great... I need to order a new input jack for my 95 neck though thumb bass... I will call... The cable keeps popping out..
    Hey now that I found a Warwick rep... I been having problems w/my Warwick picking up radio frequencies.. Which left the tech at G center dumbfounded... I got a what seem to be a solution, however not being technical myself I won't risk doing the work.. And I don't feel too secure about the GC tech.. he did an excellent job adjusting my neck setting my bass lower ads faster but... I love my warwick.. So is there anybody in or near RI I can trust my Warwick with for some repairs?

11. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    emendez, When you call the NY Custom Shop for the parts, ask them about your radio frequency issue. It should be a rather simple shielding issue, which can be taken care of. 212-777-6990, or by email: d.africano@warwick.de Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist in any way. Thanks!

12. emendez

emendez

Thx Warwick official..

I just called them the replacement jack is $30.00. I told him about the radio frequency problem I am having.. The guy who answered the phone said it was a common issue for the older Warwicks.
    The tech was not available..(out to lunch maybe) I'll call him later. Thanks again.

13. TinIndian

TinIndian

Anyone know if the OP got his issue resloved?

14. emendez

emendez

Btw does the NY Custom Shop have a website?

15. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
  16. JDM2010

JDM2010

I'm on a tight budget right now so when I get the extra $ I will give them a call. Wonder if they accept pay pal for parts? If not then a money order will do:D I also ended up loosing a small aluminum metal thing that sits in the back of the bass where you put the neck screws in.. I have no idea what its called but I need spares of them too now!:mad: I happened to lose it while I was prepping the bass for paint. Its a rockbass streamer standard....if that helps.

17. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    JDM2010,

The NY Custom Shop doesn't take pay-pal for payment, but debit/credit card is fine. I hope this helps. Thanks!

18. JDM2010

JDM2010

Thanks. I Will call and place a parts order soon.

19. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

Thanks for the phone info! If it wasn't for this thread I may never have been able to talk to a human being about parts I need for my bass.

Thanks!

20. adchaino

adchaino Supporting Member

Hi,
    Is the contact information posted in this thread still good? I need a new Just-A-Nut.

21. PortlandBass77

PortlandBass77

If nothing else works you should be able to find something that fits in ebay.