Need pedal help please!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MDCodeRed, Nov 30, 2012.

1. MDCodeRed

MDCodeRed

I play a Warwick 5 string Corvette $$. On my pedal board I just have a Line 6 wireless and a TC Electronics PolyTune Mini. I was trying an Eden WTDI and love the tones it produces and the fact that its XLR out. More than anything, I was looking for compression when I found the WTDI so I thought I'd give it a shot. The problem is, it craps out pretty bass with my bass. I've tried lower output basses on it and it does fine but it distorts pretty bad with mine, so I need to look for different options.

Is there a pedal out there that has compression, some good tone control and has XLR out that I could use in place of the WTDI? Any help an advise would be appreciated. Thanks

2. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

The WTDI has an input gain knob, you should be able to tame the hot signal from your bass by turning that knob down. If you really like the Eden, just play with the gain knob until it stops farting out.

3. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

My G&L pups are super hot. I have been playing around with some preamps and I leave the gain all the way down and max the output volume. Then I use my amp to adjust volume if it's too quiet.

4. Ubersheist

Ubersheist

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Judging from the other responses, are you getting a distorted/overdriven sound?

Probably not. I don't know of any DIs that also have compression on them. It's not to say that they're not out there, I just think it'd be very hard to find, if you can find one at all.

You may be able to fake it with a multi effects pedal with an xlr out, but I'm not very familiar with multi effects pedals to tell you which (if any) can do that.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Um, Compressor?

EBS MultiComp.