1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need recommendations for a cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by GG-Thunderbird, Feb 14, 2014.

1. GG-Thunderbird

GG-Thunderbird

Hi everyone,

So I recently accepted a position in the UK and it leaves me in a bit of a situation when it comes to my rig. I currently use a GB Streamliner 900 and a fEARful 15/6/1 that I built from a Speaker Hardware flatpack. I love the tones that I can get with my amp (and luckily it can work on a 240V system), but unfortunately the 15/6/1 is a bit too big to take with me.

Is there any cabs you guys can recommend? I'm really looking for a single 1x12 cab that can handle the Streamliner 900, as well as my effects board (I use a lot of effects ranging from overdrives, fuzz, envelopes, and octaves (just look at my profile and you'll see)). It needs to be light and relatively small if possible too. I'm not in any rush at the moment since I won't be leaving the US till August, but I figured I'd start putting things in motion.

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    There are two EU greenboy builders, and Barefaced Bass. Put in an order now?

3. GG-Thunderbird

GG-Thunderbird

The barefaced cabs have peaked my interest. Though the Bassic cabs are also looking pretty good too.

4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I have fEARful cabs, and a DuallyT. The faital loaded Bassic would be a pretty sweet cab.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

+1. There are AB's and distributors that sell parts so you can build your own. There is one that runs an ad a UK bass mag I subscribe to.