Need Small Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MycooLeeyun, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hi,

I'm looking for a small cab to pair with my Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.2. I need it for practicing in my room, recording, and potentially gigging. I'm thinking maybe a 2x10 or something? I don't want to spend too much and will of course be looking on the forums here for a used one. Any recommendations? I play a g&l jb-2 and an Ibanez Prestige Soundgear.

thank you
  2. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    maybe just get a small combo or something, i mean...... a 9.2 is pretty overkill for
    your room, but will find sumthing here in the classifieds.
  3. I like the 9.2 for recording and it sounds good at low volumes. I just need a nice little cab to go along with it that will produce a nice sound.
  4. Sponsored by:

5. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
  6. scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    love my avatar 2x10" their 1x12" cabs are also very intriguing. might check them out. with neo's, they can be very light weight as well.
  7. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Columbia, Maryland
    Carvin MB115 extension cabinet. Compact, light and relatively inexpensive. I got one and changed the 1/4" over to Speakon. Blacked it out, but forgot to order a black handle.

It does a great job.

8. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on the classifieds for some good deals.
  9. I used to have an avatar 4x10 and I really liked it. I'm definitely open to avatar.
  10. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    I have an Eben EX112 that I use for home practice. Nice cab with a solid sound to it.
  11. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Cheap but good 112 is the GK Neo