1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by feelinlow, Jan 13, 2013.

1. feelinlow

feelinlow Supporting Member

I recently picked up this near mint condition '79 Musicman Saber Bass. I have owned several pre ernie ball Stingrays but never owned a Saber Bass. I was really interested in this one because it is so much like my '79 Stingray and thought it would be nice to have a matching Stingray and Saber set. These are pretty close in manufacture dates and both 9/10 condition.

After owning it I realize I do not have the love for it as I do Stingrays so I am thinking about finding another home for it.

I am basically collecting the Stingray because it is too clean to play it and I wouldn't want to take a chance on banging it on something.

Should I collect the Sabre as well?
    Are they worth more as a set?

[​IMG]
  2. roadkill2309

roadkill2309 Supporting Member

Can't help you decide whether or not to keep that Sabre as a collector because I'm very strongly on the 'basses are meant to be gigged' side of the fence, but I will say that you've got a very enviable pair there. If you do any recording, then that Sabre might come in useful at some point.
  3. mcm

mcm

If u don't like it, sell it IMO