1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need some critiquing

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by icke2433, Jan 2, 2014.

1. icke2433

icke2433 Supporting Member

Hey guys, I'm in a band and we've playing together for about 8 months now. These videos were recorded live and we are planning on coming out with an album sometime in March! Just wanted to show off some of our music and get some opinions!

http://youtu.be/tfrshuBO1Cg

2. icke2433

3. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Hey. Congratulations on the new band and potential album. You should be proud. I like the groove. Nice and bouncy. Somewhere between a phishy dead-ish and almost paul simon-esque feel to it. Nice work.

4. Jamerman

Jamerman

This is really cool :D I wouldn't normally listen to this sort of music, but it's awesome ^^

The only thing I would say is I think the lead guitar itself was a bit bland, but that's just my opinion, and good luck!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. icke2433

Thank you guys! This song has evolved a bit since this so his leads have changed

7. Alex Da Silva

Alex Da Silva

Nice Work

+
    You and the Drummer seem to get along quite well musically, it's quite tight.
    The sound is nice as well as appropriate (if there is such a thing) for the Genre
    The band maintains has a character ( music and sound-wise) that persists through the songs.

-
    The leads and solos could be more creative
    On the second song, I felt the Keyboard intro being too long for my taste

Keep it Up!

8. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Wow! In a sea of metal and drone, this really stands out. Kind of a prog meets pop meets light punk. I like it! If you ever come to the Phoenix area, let me know, I'd come to see you all.

One comment on the quoted track, "Black Smoke". I think the lead guitarist might have stayed on keys during the vocals. Might result in a fuller sound. Still, I enjoyed both tracks very much.

Great work.

9. Schmorgy

Schmorgy

Getting total "Two Door Cinema Club" vibes off of the bassline and entire track in general, and I love it.

10. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

good stuff!
    www.basslessonslosangeles.com