1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need some facts: Compatibility of Eastwood Hi-Flyers with Univox Hi-Flyers

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Din Of Win, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

Hey all,

This has been asked in the past, but the responses have been resoundingly muddy. :(

I have a Univox Hi-Flyer with dead pickups. I would like to replace them with the Eastwood Hi-Flyer pickups.

I think the issue is that there have been a number of different Univox versions of the Hi-Flyer throughout the years. Mine, specifically, is a Phase 3.

Has anyone done this swap before? Could someone with an Eastwood provide me with some measurements, please?

I did contact Eastwood directly... and they had no clue. :/

Thanks! :bassist:
  2. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

3. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

Post-last-minute-holiday-shopping-bump!

I've tried some Univox-specific forums, and i still haven't gotten any answers one way or another :confused:
  4. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

I cannot believe no one here has anything to contribute to this topic . I friend has an Aria (Motsumoku ) Hi Flyer short scale and he 's wondering the same options as well .
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I know nothing about either bass, but you can get dead pickups fixed. A lot of places do it. I used Vintage Vibe Guitars in Cali to fix the pickups in my Realistic violin bass and they rocked.
  6. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

I wasn't even aware that this was an option.

I'll look into this. I'd love to get the original pickups back in working order!

Thanks!