Need some help getting a speaker replaced

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by KainanShank, Sep 26, 2013.

1. KainanShank

KainanShank

I bought a Fender Rumble 410 cab used from Guitar Center online. When it got to my house, I plugged it in and played for a minute. I thought it sounded pretty good until I turned up the volume and noticed that one of the speakers is blown. After talking to some different people about the "Pro Coverage" I bought with my amp, I've decided to take matters into my own hands and replace the darn thing myself. The only problem with that is I don't know what speaker to buy to replace it with. I'm guessing someone on this site can help me, and I'd greatly appreciate it :) Sorry if this was too long, but this is the first time I've been on this website for over a year and a half and I don't think I ever posted anything before anyways.
    http://www.fender.com/series/rumble/rumble-410-1000w-bass-speaker-cabinet/

2. 1n3

1n3

My suggestion is to pull one of the speakers and write down the fender part number, then go shopping. I wouldn't buy a non-matching speaker.

I'd like to hear more about this "Pro Coverage" you bought with the amp, and why it didn't help here.

3. KainanShank

KainanShank

The pro coverage was going to refund me for the price of the used cab and not the shipping, tax, and pro coverage, which was a little over $80. I'd be without an amp and down $80 when my first objective was to get something cheaper.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Bass...10-S1134-10-Replacement-Speaker-/130971240511 there are four of these speakers in the cab but I don't know where I could buy them. It's sold out on Ebay, but it helped me get the part number.

4. 1n3

1n3

I've got a hunch that there are more around. And I'd still pull MY speaker and take the number from that. You'll have to pull the blown one anyway.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Tell GC you want a replacement driver, they'll be ahead by shipping you that instead of shipping the cab back to them.