1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

need sub $400 210 recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by wolffire99, Feb 25, 2013.

1. wolffire99

wolffire99 Supporting Member

I'm looking for a 210 speaker to pair with an Aguilar TH350 as a micro setup to use in church. I need portability, so lighter/smaller the better. My first choice right now is the ampeg svt210av at 25lbs it's very tempting. I'd love to get the Aguilar 210 cabinet but at $700 it would blow my budget. I'm looking at $400 max but $300 is better.

Does anyone have any suggestions for that specific head?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

My best advice is to not skimp on the spkr cab. maybe you could do better shopping used cabs?
  3. JeffontheBass

JeffontheBass

4. braydensharrar

braydensharrar

Look for an Aguilar S210. I recently sold mine for $250, which seems to be the going rate. They are phenomenal cabs, great sound as well as volume. Tonally, they lie in between the scooped GS and mid-heavy DB series...very even with a solid amount of low end. I miss mine already!

Any one of these would blow away the Ampeg 210, I owned a SVT-210 classic cab and the Aggie just killed it.

Good luck!

.B
  5. SoLongJake

SoLongJake

I'd throw an Acme Low B2 into the mix, I had great success with other aguilar products and my B2, can't imagine that the TH wouldn't also sound amazing with it.
  6. TigerInATrance

TigerInATrance

Carvin BRX 10.2...

I don't know if you can get a better 2x10 for double the cash.
  7. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I am going to toss a -1 on this. Tonally might be very good, but the TH350 just isnt going to have the juice to drive the ACME to any sort of volume.
  8. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12 Supporting Member

I just bought an ashdown 210t best sounding 210 I've played and I've played a bunch of the trying to decide, the lows on this thing are ridiculous for a 210 and it has a tweeter, brand new 299
  9. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

The 210av is a nice match tone-wise. I have a pair and am a fan, but I don't think it's the best fit for your needs. You'll get a lot more oomph for the room from something like the Carvin or a used Avatar. I seem to recall someone selling an Avatar 210 that they had been using with a TH500 for church gigs.
  10. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Check the used section on Guitar Center. I once found a Hartke 2.5XL (2 x 10" with a 5" midrange) for $149 and it sounded really good paired with the right head. Find one elsewhere, you can get it shipped to your local GC to try out, if you don't like it they refund everything including shipping.
  11. blindrabbit

blindrabbit

Traynor TC210NEO. I've seen used ones for sale as inexpensive as $250. Great cabinet.
  12. Lowactnsatsfctn

Lowactnsatsfctn

http://guitarcenter.custhelp.com/ap...sion/L3RpbWUvMTM2MTgyNTM0MC9zaWQvSl84Z2ZNamw=
    Your refund will be promptly processed upon completing evaluation of your returned item. Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges. If you received Free Shipping on your order, the value of the uncharged shipping cost will be deducted from your refund. To avoid return shipping fees, return your online purchase at your nearest Guitar Center retail location.

Maybe you can argue it, but according to the website, the customer eats the shipping cost
  13. billhw13

billhw13

for the money, I think the Carvin BRX 210 is great.
  14. frozenbolt

frozenbolt

I'll let you know later this week. I'm returning a used product, that I had shipped to my house, to a different GC than the one I bought it from.

BTW, +1 for the Carvin, I played a micro bass combo when in SD a while back and the 2x10 sounded great. You can get them in 4 or 8 ohm versions.

'Bolt
  15. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

16. darius8

darius8

The Carvin BRX cabs are built "like" military specs: heavy duty crossovers, titanium HF horn, heavy duty LF frame.... the trade off is the weight. But I like them too.
  17. Lust4sound

Lust4sound

Carvin BR210-N.. Amazing cab, 600 watts rms @ 4 ohms, very light (neo drivers) solid quality construction and materials, good electronics, tough as nails, attractive.. Has a very wide range, tons of bottom, digs exceptionally deep with a 5 string, punchy, the right EQ will yield a wide array of tone from it.. I prefer it over the Avatar which was all honking and no depth compared to.. Discontinued I think, I picked mine up used for 100 local.. If you can find one up to 200 grab it..
  18. drea2304

drea2304 Supporting Member

Love my pair of 210av's.
  19. coyote1

coyote1

This. Local GC has a Carvin 2x10 that easily handles 300+ watts for $150. Sounds effin great. Almost wish I needed it.
  20. wolffire99

wolffire99 Supporting Member

In the end I decided to go with the ampeg svt210 to go with the Aguilar 350 amp. Can't wait, this is my dream church rig at 28lbs total!