Need Tabs for a journey Song PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by AceFrehleyFan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

Hello all,
    I have been looking for bass tabs for Journey's Anytime That You Need Me. I need to learn the song for an upcoming band gig but I cannot find them anywhere and I need them quickly! Is there anyone here that could post them in the thread, post a working link or send them to me?
    There are plenty of tabs for guitar players but none for bass. Why is that?

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. obimark

obimark

THe main chorus progression is E D A (and G) right at the end. The verses are mostly E to A, not a difficult bassline at all, listen to pick up the rest. Here is the interesting thing it goes to C# for the bridge followed by F#, then D, then end on B- The rest of the song repeats the chorus. Good song for training your ear.

3. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

Thanks for the reply ObiMark. Your note break down is a big help.
    I normally learn by ear and with sheet music but with this particular song, I don't have the time to sit down and learn it by ear or study the sheet music. I was mainly wanting the tab so I could learn it quicker.

Thanks again,
    Shawn

4. obimark

obimark

No problem-also if you have Guitar Pro- (which is well worth it IMHO) ultimate-guitar.com has a fairly good version of it with the bass as well, that shows some of the fills.
    If you really want a workout- try his line from "Dead or Alive" off escape, monster player.

5. Register to disable this ad