Need the ultimate lightweight combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jessicabass, Aug 14, 2013.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    It's not a bad drive. Just under 2 hours.

2. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    THIS. In the end, it does not actually matter what WE like - you have to shop around, try as much stuff as you can, and get what works for you.

That being said, I'm in love with my GK MB212-ii...

3. Are these even still made? The website says "redesigned for 2008" and the only dealer they have listed in my area isn't even in business any longer! Doesn't matter. The OP already made her choice and purchased an amp.

4. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    GK mb115-II (200watts)

or

GK mb212-II (500watts)

5. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Allentown, PA!
    I AM the greatest. Glad that you're satisfied. :D

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    If it's used, it shouldn't need any break in period.

Congrats on getting an amp that you like and that works for you.

7. davidhilton

davidhilton Commercial User

Apr 13, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    tone hammer 500 and a sl112 cab...sounds great, very light, easy load in load out...

8. butcher

butcher

May 24, 2011
    Sweet! Congrats. I know the one I played through locally has been calling my name ever since.

Seems like GK really got something right with that model.

Glad you found what you wanted and still have some $$ in reserve :) You could keep that on the side in case you want to get one of those powered extension cabs they have now for when you need big big sound - imagine a 3x12 or a 4x12!
    http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products/powered-cabinets/

9. Burton78

Burton78 Guest

Feb 11, 2013
    I have thee ultimate lightweight power house rig. I have a glasstone 2x12 1800watt cab (Neo speakers). The driver on the bottom is 1200watts and front driver Is 600 watts with a 300watt Pyle drive tweeter and fusion mb 800 pushing it . The cab total weight is 37 pounds and head is 4.9 pounds. Top that if you dare! Its so funny when I show up to gigs playing with people I haven't ever played with. When I start playing we either stop and they asked questions or everyone turns around in the middle of playing with the "DAMN WHAT THE HELL" look on there face. I love it!!! I got rid of my heavy 4x10 98 pound Eden with the quickness!! Thinking about getting another to stack. Ohh and the cabs have switches on the back to change them from 4 ohms to 8. Your turn what you got. Lol