1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

needing some help

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bcfranco, Feb 5, 2014.

1. bcfranco

bcfranco

Hi! I have a Fender Precision Bass, and I'd like to buy new strings. As I am new in this area and I have my bass since last year, I wanted you to give me your opinion. What do you really thinks is the best? I have a band, and we play Indie Rock, so I'd like a more clean sound, even though I some times use a bit of distortion

2. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    only you can tell what strings you like....they all sound a bit different and all feel a bit different.
    flatwound strings give a fatter less zingy tone....and sound great on a p bass.
    the best thing for you to do is check out youtube videos and listen to what you like...there are plenty of string comparison vids on there.

3. mrb327

mrb327 Supporting Member

As an idea, flats: Chromes are one end of the spectrum being bright, GHS Precision flats being dark or mellow.

For Rounds, a Stainless steel will be bright, something like a GHS boomer will be more mellow. Some place there the chromes and boomers may be close to the same sound to some ears.

Used flats can be had in the classifieds here on TB, a great way to try those at a reduced price

4. lz4005

lz4005

Asking which are the best strings is like asking which is the best sandwich.

5. Register to disable this ad