needless gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mattbass6945, Dec 25, 2012.

1. mattbass6945

mattbass6945

mods please move this if it is in the wrong forum!

this holiday vacation is killing me. i keep looking at craigslist for gear i don't need. i still have another week off of work......if this keeps up, i may be in trouble.:help:

must play the bass and get off of talkbass. yeah right.....:D
  2. rubbadubdub

rubbadubdub

I made the mistake of asking my mate how he found such an array of interesting things on ebay. He said to try an advanced search for items ending in my price range within the next 24 hours. Aaarggh... I have blown several grand on, mostly, recording gear despite having to rely on solar power and having no space as I live on a boat. I have an awesome studio (in boxes) a huge pedalboard ( never actually all set up at once) and around 29 guitars and basses. I've had some real bargains and bought several pieces of junk at £50 a time. A 'vintage' shure mic preamp (non working) and a nice (but limited use) lyre harp spring to mind. I did discover that you can by some very nice guitars for peanuts if you aren't into brand names though so I should thank him for that.
    The other gas issue that I suffer from is chasing the ultimate daw. I have so many vst plug ins that I had to spend hours sorting them into categories so that I wouldn't have to waste time looking for stuff when mixing. This got even more out of hand when I decided to build a spare workstation and then do the same with a laptop and a netbook. I've wasted hours of potential playing time moving files around, tidying backups, installing and tweaking operating systems and other tedious 'pastimes'. The really sad thing is that I recorded more music when I only had a Roland VS880 and a couple of decent mics.
    I hate computers and i need help........