Neuser NFT bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by lovethegrowl, Jan 3, 2014.

1. lovethegrowl

lovethegrowl

I have been bugging fellow bass players to death about fretless basses. Now I have found a potential answer to my problem. Might not be financially feasible. Anybody know about these bridges, how to get them w/o sending to Finland?
  2. lovethegrowl

lovethegrowl

Can't get prices!
  3. lovethegrowl

lovethegrowl

Actually NFS Bridges
  4. T-Bird

T-Bird

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lovethegrowl

lovethegrowl

Actually I did drop them a line. It would be nice to find a US distributer.

Also, I just bought a Kahler tremolo bridge. Wish I could combine the fretless effect & the Wammi bar
  7. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    I think Marcus Willet here on TB had one for sale a while back. He wasn't finding any takers last time I saw. Try a search in the classifieds. It's been quite a while, though.
  8. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

They do list Allparts as the ABM NFT distributor, but the search is fruitless.

The "mwah"-ability of the bridge IIRC comes from an adjustable wedge/surface on the saddle piece, perfectly doable DIY style.

IIRC again, there was a thread about "fretless ramp" that someone had made next to the bridge on his bass, that thread was on the luthiers corner most likely.

Regards
    Sam
  9. lovethegrowl

lovethegrowl

Wow. Too good to be true!
  10. lovethegrowl

lovethegrowl

Whenever I search for fretless ramp, only this thread pops up. Mmmm
  11. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

If You do a search with the keywords Neuser and NFS, you'll have your hands full of threads.
    Bound to be on one of them.

With a quick skimming through those threads, I was able to find this reply from pilotjones.

That's not the thread I remember seeing, but should give You an idea how it works.

I was also able to find some AllParts prices from -05, $285-> for 4 strings and $345-> 5ers.

There's plenty of comments, for and against, there as well :).

Regards
    Sam
  12. lowerbassment

lowerbassment

I am wondering if Neuser is still in business. I have a Neuser Courage 5 (great bass!) and needed some parts a couple of years ago. I recall sending several enquiries to the mail address above and also tried phoning but never got a reply.

Also I haven't seen any new Neuser basses listed for sale for several years and looks like the website hasn't been updated for a long time. Anyway I hope you get a reply that sheds some light on this.