new 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by molsonator, Jan 15, 2013.

1. molsonator

molsonator

well im sure you guys have responded to this a thousand times but being a newbie Im gonna ask anyways. Hartke 210xl or tc electronics bc210? Im in the market and have narrowed it down to this. Well ihave considered acoustic 2x10 also but think its between hartke and TC. the floor is yours :D
  2. George Mann

George Mann

I am a big fan of Hartke aluminum-cone drivers. With it's loud, clean full-range output, you stand a better chance of cutting thru the mix.
  3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I have not used the bc210, so cannot compare or comment on it ..

... but FWIW, if you are realistic of your expecations out of the 210XL, you will not have a problem ... it is a sealed 210 with 'real world' 60 watt (each) drivers .. works much better with a second one, or another cab ... it has its limitations, but I like them for what they are .. I have two
  4. iualum

iualum

5. shoot-r

shoot-r

Check into the Avatar Neo 210 cabinets.
    Might be what your lookin' for.

Great sound, well built, using top of the line Eminence USA drivers, Eminence crossovers, Foster horns, at a resonable price.

I've two of them that I run as a vertical 410, absolutely LOVE em'!

www.avatarspeakers.com
  6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

You being a noobie, you might not realize that a standard follow-up question to a vague inquiry such as yours would typically be: "The Hartke 210xl or TC Electronics BC210...for what specific application?"

That means, what genre(s)/style(s) of music do you play? What kind of tone do you prefer? How about volume needs? Etc. etc. ad nauseum...

All you're going to accomplish by failing to qualify your question is to solicit the opinions of about 100 guys concerning their own favorite 2x10 cabs...which doesn't particularly help you. Get the drift?

MM
  7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Excellent point, Micheal ... that specifically is why my reply is not recommending one over the other, but simply pointing out the noticed reality of one of his requested models after extensive experience with it ...

... as always, a completely filled out profile as possible, including age, experience, gear used, type of music, etc goes a VERY long way toward more accurate responses ... the more info supplied, the more helpful the replies can be
  8. Nev375

Nev375

Media:
    Biggest difference between the two is the hartke does not have a tweeter and rolls off around 5khz.

Do you need or even WANT a tweeter for your style of play?
  9. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

.. I would consider the fact that one was a sealed cab and one was ported as the biggest difference :)