1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New 62 AVRI today from the Fed Ex man...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by okc-zee, Nov 13, 2012.

1. okc-zee

okc-zee

Just delivered,brand new 2012 AVRI 62 P...bass comes in at 8 lbs. dead on...lightest one of the three I've owned...sounds and plays awesome...great set up..I've wanted the classic 3TSB/rosewood combo for quite a while now...There are some really great deals on these new ones lately...This is definitely the time to grab one of these if you're in the market for one...Sorry,crappy pic is from phone...Loves me some MIA Fender Basses !
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  2. IPA

IPA

Beautiful, can't beat that classic color combo.
  3. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

4. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Did you get this as part of there recent discount at $1199.99? nice bass, i had one just like it.
  5. okc-zee

okc-zee

Got it for 1145.00..seeing some very good deals on these lately..
  6. inate_hex

inate_hex

i love my mia 62ri i had to change the neck though cos it was too wide.
  7. jmpiwonka

jmpiwonka Supporting Member

yeah thats why i had a neck made with a 1.6" nut width

ended up finding a deal on an AVRI precision body
    added a novak pickup and some other parts and i've got a sweet bass that looks almost exactly like the one okczee posted but with a neck i prefer...
  8. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

I just got one too. I can't wait to get my hands on it! congrats. that's a light weight beauty. :)
  9. guymanndude1

guymanndude1 Supporting Member

I've had mine a week, Olympic white, love the sound and feel of it. Here it is, got it from Willcut guitars in Lexington, KY. They are an Ebay seller too, very good prices.
  10. Bill G.

Bill G.

I have a 'burst '62 AVRI, too. I ADORE that bass! Lightweight and rumbles like a beast!
  11. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Nicely done! The sale prices for these right now are insane. These are IMO Fender's best basses(aside from Custom Shop). They are consistantly light weight, play and feel terrific.
  12. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

Sweet Daddy !

Mine will be here Wednesday. I fell for the old " everyone needs at least one P in 3tsb." OK, I'll follow the sheeple as it suits my desires.
  13. okc-zee

okc-zee

+1 and agreed..;)
  14. davidchampoux

davidchampoux Supporting Member

I noticed the lower prices on AVRI from many sellers... Are they unloading their stock to make place for a newer upcoming 2013 vintage series???
  15. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Congrats Man! My Sunburst 62 Jazz shipped out this morning. Crazy prices on these right now.
    Take Care,
    Brent
  16. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

That's what I've been wondering...my G.A.S. wont hold much longer. I had planned on buying a 2012 Am. Std after the holidays, but the minute I do that Fender is gonna drop a bunch of Surf Green, Burgundy Mist and Sonic Blue AVRI's on us. Judging from the new Guitar versions, looks like the line may get an upgrade and a price increase if it happens.
  17. davidchampoux

davidchampoux Supporting Member

Don't forget the Firemist (or Aztec) gold and Daphne Blue!!

I'm holding myself from a 57' P right now. Not easy!! :help:
  18. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

I just saw some on eBay for $1050. I think they are gonna change the line soon.

EDIT: Hmmmm....perhaps the new line will feature a 70's fretless P and a '65 Jazz.

By the way, nice P!