1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

New album, California tour, Santa Cruz bass night!

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Happy New Year, bass-monkeys :)

I've got quite a few things happening of late.

Firstly, a new album - http://music.stevelawson.net/album/accidentally-on-purpose - its' a duo record with a multi-instrumentalist from San Francisco called Daniel Berkman, recorded live last year in Oakland. It gets pretty trippy in places, dipping further into electronica and 70s-era Miles jazz funk than I've ever gone before! I hope you enjoy it.

Daniel and I are playing a load of shows around NAMM time (so starting NEXT WEEK!) from Orange County to the Bay Area - the list is on my gigs page at http://www.stevelawson.net/upcoming_gigs/ - drop me a line if you want to go. Most of them are house concert, so reservations are necessary and address details are passed on once your space is confirmed...

You'll also see on there that there's a really special bass-night in Santa Cruz on Jan 31st, with me, Steuart Liebig and Steve Uccello. I've played with both of them before, and love their playing, so am really looking forward to this one. See the gig list for more details on that. Hope to see you there, if you're in the area!

(please feel free to cross-post this info to other forums, if you think it's relevant to the discussions there - not being able to spend as much time on Talkbass as I'd like, I'd rather not just pile back in with a load of load of posts about what I'm up to :) )

thanks!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net