1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

New amp day disappointment

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dannnnn, Dec 21, 2013.

1. dannnnn

dannnnn Supporting Member

Just received my GK MB112 and MBP112 from Sweetwater. The MBP looks ok; the combo looks like this:
    [​IMG]

FedEx could be to blame, but I also noticed that the screws attaching the chassis to the cabinet are loose. Did it leave the factory this way?

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

No way it left the factory that way! Thank FedEx!

3. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Was there Bits of tolex in the box?

4. nashman

nashman

Bummer! I would contact FedEx. They unfortunately will likely want to take it away - and you may be in for a lengthy delay and hassle.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Wow, what a bummer. Yeah, that happens a lot this time of year - the delivery truck drivers are in a super big hurry. Oh well, Sweetwater should replace it for you without any problems.

7. dannnnn

I had a message from Jared at Sweetwater. They're going to send me another amp. Their customer service has been great.

8. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Yeah. Sure looks like it took a hit, right on that corner.

9. Itzayana

Itzayana

This doesn't surprise me. I have done business with Sweetwater and IMHO they are really at the top of the game.

10. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum) Gold Supporting Member

Fedex also hires a lot of "temps" this time of year to cover the extra traffic

11. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    I will only buy from Sweetwater because the customer service is amazing, My rep called me today to wish me a merry Christmas.

12. skwee

skwee

He went to Jarod!

13. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

You must have given him a lot of business this year. ;) I also get calls like that from them in years where I've sent significant business their way. The DO have the best customer service of the major online music retailers, and I always check them first. Unfortunately, they can't stock all the arcane stuff I want.

14. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

FedEx and UPS are so sketchy....

One of the places I used to work when the UPS guy would open the back door of his truck at the loading dock a big pile of boxes would fall out. Boxes filled with important stuff.

15. dannnnn

Well, they won't have any more MB112's until mid January. I could maybe keep the one I have for a discount or get something else. I'm thinking MB212; suggestions?

16. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Shipping damage occurs far too often. Sorry man!

:crying:

17. Blairb

Blairb

Yes sir.

18. B-string

You would have to see if it still plays well even at higher volume to consider keeping it.
    MB212 is a monster volume wise and would swallow the output from the MBP112 unless they are letting you return that for full credit (no shipping charges).

19. ZedZed

ZedZed

LMAO, I can't stand that commercial.

20. Aqualung60

Aqualung60

Had the same problem, ordered a Peavey Max112 from Sweetwater back in march, when it arrived it looked like it was dragged behind the truck the entire trip to my home. Upon lifting the box to bring it inside it sounded like it was full of blocks, needless to say once I plugged it in it didn't work. Sweetwater was very good about sending a replacement out right away but that experience has soured me on ordering anything "Handle Sensitive" from them again because of FedEx.

21. B-string

FedEx is just doing their part for economic recovery, make more stuff to replace what they damage :D.