New Amp Day GK MB212 IIAND MBP212

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by steveb119, Dec 11, 2013.

1. steveb119

steveb119 Supporting Member

Just got the MB 212 II yesterday and the MBP212 came last week . hooked them up last night and was very surprised with the power and tone. this rig is two pieces and is saving me over 100 lbs. over my old rig which is shown in the pic.old rig, 2 cabs 68 lbs each and 4 space rack case with tuner, power conditioner and crown xls 1500 at 45 lbs . weight of each mb cab is 40 and 41 lbs. 181 less 81 = 100 lbs savings. will give full review after practice this week and gig next week. thanks to all on TB for getting me to try GK products, without this forum I would probably never considered even trying them.

Attached Files:

2. lefty007

lefty007 Supporting Member

Beautiful thing.

3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

That's sweet - thanks for the eye candy. :)

4. Icculus

Icculus

Looks great! Do you find it difficult to access the amp's controls with the cabs stacked?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Supporting Member

I've got an MB212ii myself and I love it. These are a great system, but I think they look like dummy cabs without a head sitting on top. YMMV

:bag:

7. Linnin

Linnin

+1 Agreed! :cool:

8. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

I was using a stacked pair of MB115s at a gig once when someone asked me where my amp head was - so I jokingly told them it was wireless, and the funny part is - they believe it. :D

PS: please, post some eye candy. thanks

9. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Great stack. Having the powered cab takes some heat off the top amp while doubling the power to your speakers. Good design by GK. I like 12's too. Should get more than enough volume for ANY gig with 4 of thems.

10. tehuti

tehuti

I have an original MB 115 and I am thinking I will eventually need more muscle. So I was encouraged to find out about the MBP series until I found out they don't work with the original MB series. I may have to trade it in for a MB/MBP 112 tandem. e

11. SIFJiggy

SIFJiggy

Ahhhh!!! I want to hear more about it!

MB212ii looks perfect for me BUT there are few reviews here on talkbass and NOTHING out on YouTube.

Scary because I've only played Ampeg so at least I know what to expect simply by virtue of their own promotional YouTube vids.

12. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Many music stores have them is stock - go test drive one, or if you live to far away, just order one from a reputable dealer like http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MB212-II and return it if you don't like it.

13. raventepes

raventepes

What (if any) overdrive tones can the MB212-II get? Is it a pretty pronounced distortion, or fairly clean? I hate GK's videos with Norm...he doesn't play the gear to the full potential and won't drive it hard

14. Daniel Piper

Daniel Piper Supporting Member

Agreed! I like the guy, and he has mad chops - But his solo tones (on the vids) are so wimpy and anaemic sounding.

15. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

It's clean and can add GK growl too (see manual). If you want more grind or dirt checkout the GK hybrid fusion series amps or some dirt petals. IE: I like the tiny 1590A size Mooer Green Mile.

Mooer Green Mile Overdrive 2014.jpg

Best wishes and cheers.

Last edited: May 26, 2014