New Amp Day - Markbass CMD 102P

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Big Benner, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Big Benner

Big Benner

Hello All,

Just wanted to share my initial quick thoughts on this unit:

- super light, easily maneuverable
    - simple to use and understand (the filters have OFF written at the full counter-clockwise position, key in getting a “flat” tone)
    - my initial reaction when powered up was “wow, there is a lot of hiss/noise coming out of that peizo tweeter” with nothing plugged into the amp BUT I did this in a quiet house, in the suburbs, middle of the day (no one around, not cars on the street) with my 2yr old daughter napping in the master bedroom in the next room. I don’t think this is going to be a problem at a gig or a band rehearsal, but it might affect studio use. This was the same thing that I found on the same model in another store a few months back.
    - great flat sound, I could really hear all of the tone adjustments and pickup positions coming out of my EB MM Sting Ray 5 string. The amp EQ and filters worked great and were easy to dial in a bunch of different sounds from modern to vintage.
    - at a raised volume with no one in the house playing on my own the amp sounded fantastic. I could shake the windows with crisp high end and either bring in the mids or scoop them out. Seemed to handle the low B without flinching and for sure made all the strings sound even and clear.

Initial thoughts on this amp from a week of jamming on my own at my house are fantastic! I think it will be more than enough power for my needs @ 90% of what I’m going to use it for (Top 40 Cover band with PA support and my instrumental groove/funk/rock project). I do have a Traynor 2x10 NEO for added volume and it just took the sound of the amp and made it bigger. Clean, clean sound and took the Sting Ray sound and made it louder plus I have a Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver and BOSS ME-50B for when I need those sounds.

Attached Files:

2. eriky4003

eriky4003

Sounds like you'll be a happy camper (especially with the additional 2x10 when needed). Always wanted to try this 'combo'.
    Enjoy!