New amp day! SWR Headlite!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lax4bags, Dec 18, 2013.

1. lax4bags

lax4bags Gold Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387413404.451116.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387413416.248108.jpg

I'm so excited about this new (used off guitar center.com) amp. I've blasted through an Aguilar th350, TC Classic 450, markbass LM II, et al and this is my fav

2. lax4bags

I also had an orange bt500, genz Benz streamliner, GB shuttle. And larger eden wt300 and hartke lh500.

3. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

4. lax4bags

It sounds most like my old eden wt300, which in modern terms is like a GB shuttle but not as exact/harsh. There is warmth in it but its also very tight. Polar opposite from the orange or streamliner which are warmth and openness that is impossible to shape with any accuracy. Aural enhancer scoops a very useful boom out. Compressor works well And has a light indicating it is working and how hard which helps my ears. The main features that drive me to this amp are the size (had to fit in my mono m80) and per/post button with Do level. The great tone is just a bonus. I was expecting a cheesy HiFi modern tone but the color it adds is very usable for my passive p basses. I made my wife hold it and look at it (she did not care at all).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lax4bags

Thanks Slough! what does your name mean? haha

7. Jheake

Jheake

I've owned a couple headlites. They were both stellar amps and I loved the tone. Grats1

8. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I love mine. Not only is it the smallest most feature rich amp in it's class, it sounds great. I keep one in my gig box as a hot backup should I lose an amp while on a gig. The small size, very versatile EQ and great DI make it invaluable as a backup. I also mount mine in my SWR Baby Blue combo for an uber light weight 110 that really kicks A$$!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/combo-swr-should-have-made-1000400/

9. lax4bags

Awesome. I never have had success swapping speakers And definitely never building out a combo. Great job!