New Amp Day!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by vivifiction, Jan 8, 2013.

1. vivifiction

vivifiction

Well, awhile ago at least. Got this a few months back and love it. It's made by a Houston, Tx amp builder named Hendyamps-- this is his first bass amp. Serial 001, the only one currently in existence. Sorry for the poor quality pics- I've only got my phone camera.
    Front.jpg
    Front Controls: On/Off, Rock/Lame (standby switch), Smash (Master), Beef (Bass), Roar (Mids), Pain (Treble), Gain, Compression (w/ On/Off switch and Smooth/Crush switch). Mini-toggles for Bass boost, Mid boost, and Treble Boost.
    Preamp: 3 12ax7's, 1 12au7.
    Power: 4 KT88s and two of the biggest transformers you've ever seen.

EDIT: Anyone curious as to its size would do well to notice it's sitting comfortably on an Ampeg 410HLF turned sideways.
  2. jlepre

jlepre

nice!
    150 pounds?
  3. vivifiction

vivifiction

sometimes it feels like it. In reality it's probably 60 or 65. I haven't gotten around to getting a road case for it yet, but casters are a definite must :) . Luckily I'm still a young strapping fellow with a good back.
  4. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    Houston? I'm headed there to see family this weekend. Any chance I could get a contact number or email or something for this guy? That head looks great.

Any chance of hearing what you paid for it? I'm in dire need of a head but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on any company yet.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. vivifiction

vivifiction

He's got some contact information on his website: hendyamps.com
    He's a super nice guy and builds great stuff. I'm actually not sure what he charges for this-- this is the first one (and first bass amp) he's actually ever done-- he's been doing guitar amps and studio gear for years. But since this was a prototype and I was a guinea-pig, we worked something out.
    It's all true point-to-point handwired and boutique, so I expect the price is similar to other boutique companies. He doesn't post his prices online but would definitely give you all info via email.