New Amp - Gallien Krueger MB210

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Thumpinshelton, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Thumpinshelton

Thumpinshelton

Just picked this one up this weekend. I have been searching for a less back breaking amp for a while. I have looked at head/cab set ups and also combos. I finally decided on this one. I used it at church on sunday and WOW!!!!!!!!! We are mostly urban style gospel with some CCM thrown in but we are a smaller church. So, my current 410 and head were just too much for the room. I sold them and purchased this and a 410 neo cab (on order now). The 410 will be for when I play outside of church at larger gigs and outdoors, but I can see the 2x10 working just fine for 90% of my gigs. The amp has plenty of power, punch, and clarity. After service on Sunday I plugged it into a SWR 410 and was able to more punch and clarity out of that cab than with my old SWR 750x head. (THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION)....and the fact that it is only 33lbs.

Attached Files:

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Welcome to G-K! They are a real eye opener :D
  3. 4stringsonly

4stringsonly

It's a great sounding amp, but I hope Yours last longer than mine did.

I bought one in December 2012, used it at about a dozen practices. went to do a gig this past weekend and it was dead. would not power up at all.

Im not the first person on this forum to have this problem.
    Good luck to You ,but Im very dissapointed in the MB 210:(
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

I just order a new MB410 Series-II G-K today. If it performs as well as I hope, I'll quickly add a MBP410 Series-II Powered cabinet to it to make it a very flexible rig.

As I understand it, the new MB and MBP Series-II combos are made in the USA while the original MB Series were made in China. I will go out of my way in order to avoid buying anything thats been made in China.

Hope you enjoy your new MB210. Keep us posted on your impressions of it going forward.

TD
  5. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

Sweet! I just ordered the MB212-II yesterday! Can't wait for it to arrive. :-D
  6. Slackerprince

Slackerprince

I have an older MB-210 and had the buzzing issue with it.
    I posted the issue here and the GK team contacted me
    directly and had me ship it to them and they issued me
    a brand-new one. They paid for all the shipping, too.
    Good company and that amp is crazy light.

S
  7. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

That's one reason I switched from MarkBass to GK,,,, if I ever have an issue with any of my GK stuff I know their CS is excellent (so far, I've not had any problems at all).

Cheers
    Davyo
  8. 4stringsonly

4stringsonly

well I'm still sitting here with a dead GK mb210 ,and as I stated ,Im not the only one. I have not contacted GK on this matter yet and the amp has no warranty, So no one probably cares about my problem.

Buyer Beware, there is something wrong with some of these amps. Very Dissapointed GK own up.
  9. B-string

You want G-K to own up to the fact you have not contacted them? Quit whining and at least contact them unless you are also waiting for the sky to fall? Seriously!

jason@gallien.com

If you have no warranty the question is why?
    Anybody's stuff can fail, that is fact of life.
  10. rag

rag

Disclosures:
    Robert A. Gallien, President Gallien-Krueger
    Contact jason@gallien.com
    Bob
  11. B-string

That is the owner and president of G-K responding to you.
  12. GrooverMcTube

GrooverMcTube

As a new owner of a GK MB115 II (which I have no issues with), I find it pretty impressive that the owner of the company comes on this forum and backs his products.
  13. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

Some people complain about problems BEFORE seeking help through customer service! Kudos do Bob for jumping on here! I'm head over heals in love with GK and is something happens to mine.... I'm not leaving!
  14. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Been gigging with a pair of MB210s for years now. No problems and great sound. And the chicks think I'm strong like bull when they see me carrying both amps out to the car after the show.

--Bomb :bassist:
  15. 4stringsonly

4stringsonly

Look ,I wasn't trying to be a whinner ,just expressing my concerns about this amp based on my experience,

But apparently My whinning paid off If someone from GK read this and provided the contact info. Thanks
  16. michael_t

michael_t

+1

I've just joined the GK family by acquiring my very first piece of GK gear this past week - MB200. I can assure you this won't be the last, knowing I'm well-supported as a GK owner within this community.