new amp now tone is gone, what pedal do I need

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thumper, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

This is a jam rig staying at my drummer's place, I have a great gigging rig I'm happy with.

Before I had an Xwire>TU2>Bassbone>Eden WT 300>2 Goliath III 410s and all was good. I sold the Eden to get a backup LM III and to make travel to jams easier. The bass is a Fender JPJ with two output jacks, Lollar PUPs and no tone pot.

Now, using the LM III in place of the Eden, my tone is bland, kind of nasally without much punch. Since this is just to jam with a combined band I don't want to spend alot of $. Can someone recommend a pedal or other easy (inexpensive) fix?
  2. shawshank72

shawshank72 Supporting Member

Behringer BDI 21
    Same as a sansamp and 1/4 the cost.
  3. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

If the LM III you are refering to is the Markbass little mark III, that's kinda how they sound compared to other amps. To bring some punch and low mids in the LM III try cutting the ' highs 'and' low mids' to 9 o clock, set the low and low mids at 10:30- 11:00 o clock. This works for me but you do have to compensate with the gain and volume. Good luck.
  4. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Eden WTDI?
  5. Thumper

That's about where I'm set and it works great with Markbass cabs and my Thunderchild 115, not working with the Goliaths.

I do have an original BDDI but I keep it on my gig pedalboard as an emergency amp backup. Maybe I'll have to bring my Fodera 2000 back and forth but I'd rather not.
  6. Swift713

Swift713

How about the Eden WTDI if you liked the Eden's tone?
  7. Thumper

I have no experience with the WDTI, I guess its a review search time. Ideally I want to be under $100, which is why I'm not looking at W+C Phat Phucks
  8. Swift713

Swift713

Oh, maybe a Zoom MS60B or a Pandora?