New Amp Rig

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ebandy76, Nov 16, 2012.

1. ebandy76

ebandy76

Hey folks! I'm new on Talkbass and though I've mostly been trolling the last few day I want to thank you all. I had an Avatar Neo 210 cabinet and a GK 700RBII head. My GK head was really messed up and failing so after reading many positive and informative posts I ended up purchasing a Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro and a Peavey IPR-3000 which has garnered many positive comments. I also purchased a Hartke VX410 to go under my Avatar 210 and may I say what an awesome combo. The Peavey has power to burn, and after CharlieC's article on tuning the Bass V-Amp pro it sounds completely amazing. At Praise Band practice last night I had everyone commenting on how clean and quiet everything sounded. I even got a turn it down please from the sound guy (mission accomplished). Altogether this is an amazing rig that allows me to shape my tone anyway I wish. Thank you all for your informative posts and comments, couldn't have done it without you!!!! :)

2. eriky4003

eriky4003

Congratulations. It sounds like you solved your G.A.S. crisis.
    It's great to have this forum for the heaps of information and advice. Best of luck to you and your gear.

3. ebandy76

ebandy76

I do have one question, the Hartke cabs sensitivity is 10dB lower than the Avatar which creates a bit of a sound balance issue between the cabs. Right now I have everything running off 1 channel on the IPR-3000 would it be better to split the cabinets running the Avatar 210 off one channel of the Peavey and the Hartke vx410 off the other? Just looking for some input here. Thank you again for all the awesome information you make available through your posts and comments. :)

4. ebandy76

ebandy76

One more post, I meant I could do this so I would have individual volume controls for each cabinet! :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Yes, it's better to run 2 mis-matched cabs off of each side of the amp, so you can balance them.